“We are all Atlas 2”
Strengthening collaboration on deforestation-free, sustainable
agricultural commodity production and trade
Date and time: Thursday 23 June 2022 in person event, Copenhagen, Denmark
Climate change, halting deforestation and biodiversity loss, and sustainable food systems demand wide societal support for change. Respect for the rights of indigenous peoples, local communities and smallholder producers is a core element of this societal support for change. Several key consumer markets are developing due diligence and responsible investment requirements for agricultural commodity supply chain companies. We need to work in partnerships with governments, private sector, civil society organizations, farmers, and Indigenous Peoples’ organizations to overcome the challenges together. In support of the transition needed towards deforestation-free, sustainable production also collective, additional support measures are needed.
The eventaims to share lessons and discuss challenges regarding collaboration and inclusive action, and identify supportive actions to address the challenges.
Registration link:AD Partnership registration
1.Opening by moderator
2. High-level opening by Denmark, chair of the Amsterdam Declarations Partnership
3. Plenary session on Indigenous Peoples, Local Communities and Smallholder Farmers
4.Plenary session supply chain finance for sustainable production
5. Thematic / commodity break-out group sessions #1 (cocoa, cattle, palm oil, soya)
Break for lunch and networking
7. Commodity break-out group sessions #2 (cocoa, cattle, palm oil, soya)
8. Plenary high-level panel discussion
9. High-level closing remarks by Denmark